If achieving a desired future were easy, everyone would do it – quickly and easily. Even if your vision is clear and you can articulate a detailed destiny, there are always obstacles in the path. It’s the joy and journey of clearing those obstacles that makes life rich, and helps people feel truly accomplished when they finally reach their pinnacle of success.
We find that obstacles come in three different flavors:
- External Obstacles – These are obstacles outside of your control such as the economy, natural disasters, physical limitations, and the political climate.
- Internal Obstacles – These obstacles are one-time issues but you have direct control over them, such as debt, cash flow, needed skills or talent.
- Habitual Obstacles – These obstacles reflect how we get in our own way. They can only be removed with behavioral change.
And, it’s these obstacles that sit between you and your perfect desired life.
So how do you overcome these obstacles? By mastering the three corresponding challenges:
- Managing Impatience – With External Obstacles, you must understand how to use time to your advantage and be ready when the smoke clears.
- Focused Discipline – It’s easy to get distracted with the present. But only steady focus and action will remove Internal Obstacles in a timely manner.
- Self-Awareness – If you don’t see the Habitual Obstacle or believe it’s a hindrance, you will remain out of reach from your goals, blaming everyone but the person responsible.
Intrigued? Take the first step toward removing your obstacles…
For only with new learning can you be inspired to manage your impatience, create focused discipline and become truly self-aware. Are you ready to be an open learner? Check out best selling author and top Inc.com columnist Kevin Daum’s article on smart learning here: https://bit.ly/QGSFUr .
Then come and join Kevin and your peers at our Growth Strategies Breakfast on March 15th. Let 2013 be the year you start your path toward a preferred destiny.
For more information and to register, click here https://bit.ly/10LSjAK .